What follows are memories from our family trip out to Michigan. It was a fun and full week of time with family and we loved every minute. It would be impossible to share everything that happened that week, so bear with me as this is my best effort.
- First off, God bless my nephew Jonathan and his ability to waterski right through a bunch of ducks who didn’t seem to mind at all. It’s a talent few would have.
2. Sheridan Drive Baptist Church is where I grew up and learned all about loving Jesus. It’s always been a joy to go back and visit and always fun to get to participate in their monthly evening service, out at my sister’s lake.
3. It was an absolute delight to get to see our sweet niece Lydia be baptized on Sunday night. She shared her testimony and it was so sweet to see her love for Jesus and her willingness to share it with others.
4. I grew up playing volleyball with the youth in our church, so you can imagine my delight seeing our son get to play it just like we always did.
5. Family friends are the best kinds of friends and I always love catching up with mine when we are home in Michigan.
6. Bringing Ryke’s Bakery donuts for all of the nieces and nephews is one of my favorite summer traditions. Whereas I am sad that we don’t have such a wonderful bakery near us, it’s probably a good thing because I would be there every day.
7. Fun Aunt Leslie had the idea to take some of the kids to an Air Trampoline place. I’m proud to report that everyone had fun and no one broke any bones.
8. Also, kudos to Ellee, who discovered she could do this.
9. Jeremy’s brother Corey and his family are also in Michigan and we loved getting to go and visit with them as well. It’s amazing how quickly time is flying by and also amazing how quickly these boys are growing (well, at least the two middle ones).
10. It’s always a good night, when your fisherman nephew serves you a feast of fish he’s caught over the past week. These kids jumped in to help batter enough fish to feed our extended family of 24 and there were even fish to spare.
11. Ah, Wesco Slushies… Our family drinks about a billion of them over the week, since it’s a once a year occurrence.
12. Aunt Leslie has 9 kids… so an occasional baby foot while she’s figuring out food for them doesn’t even phase her. She lives out a pretty admirable life, mothering them all in a quite extraordinary way. She’s patient and loving and is probably the definition of #bestmomgoals.
13. Aunt Sarah is equally awesome, and in her own ways. She was the only fun Aunt to swim with all the kids and I love her dearly. She keeps busy with her tribe of five and her immaculately clean home and sets her own amazing standards quite high as well.
14. Also, my parents have cool friends that for some reason thought it would be super fun to have a ton of kids come and swim in their pool… and for the record, it was.
15. Grandpa made his famous french toast and those grandkids who slept over that night were richly blessed by it in the morning.
16. Another highlight was getting to be there for our nephew Josiah’s birthday party. Usually this is just something we see on Facebook, so were so glad to get to be a part of it this year.
17. My beautiful Grandma who turned 100 years old this past May was there and we loved getting to see and visit with her.
18. Also, this is what your party looks like when there are many cousins around to help you open your presents.
19. My beautiful Mama and her handsome grandsons.
20. We might have made Grandma take pictures with us, because we love her.
21. It’s amazing to think that this started as our little family of five. Getting to spend the week with them is always, always a treat. And I’m so thankful to know that all of my family loves Jesus and that this has trickled down from my Grandma and Grandpa and their love for Jesus that started so long ago.
22. Sisters are forever.
23. And that about sums up a few of our favorite Michigan Memories from this year. We had an incredible time with our family and we are so thankful. Poor Ellee cried much of the entire 13 hour drive home because she was so heartbroken as leaving her Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and especially Cousins. But I reminded her as best as I could that every visit is a gift to be enjoyed and that we would look forward to seeing them again next year.