I’ve realized this year, a fairly simple concept: You can only do so much. In January, in addition to my regularly scheduled life, I started officially working for our church in a ten hour a week Children’s Ministry Director position. Nine months in, it’s been fantastic, but has also added that much more to everything. So this morning, when I was looking through my photography business Facebook page I realized that when life is busy, things get neglected and my business Facebook page was definitely one of them.
So, I thought I’d take just a little time today before running off to Hot Yoga, to share a few pictures from some of the sessions I’ve been shooting in the past months. Because yes, I am still doing and loving my photography. I love people, and I love taking their pictures and even though I haven’t shared, I still am very much actively and passionately shooting amazing sessions with amazing people.
- Communions… I love a good communion session and this one was no exception. I’ve worked with this wonderful family quite a few times throughout the years and it was so sweet to get to share in another one of their special events.
2. Riverhead Concert Band. A wonderful friend and photographer asked me if I would come and shoot his band’s concert. In my mind I was preparing for a sort of rock band event. A few minutes into our conversation, I remembered that he played the french horn and quickly put together that I would indeed be shooting a concert band and not a rock band. I went to their spring concert and it was absolutely delightful. The lighting was tricky, but we ended up with some fun shots of some very talented concert musicians.
3. Quick Family Session. A friend called up and explained that her family was going to a wedding and would it be possible for me to go to her home right before and capture some shots of them all dressed up? Of course! It was a quick and fun family session and we got some great “dressed up” pictures of her family that any mom would love.
4. Headshots… for his girlfriend. I got an email from my friend Ray Hatton asking if I could take some headshots for his girlfriend. I had to stop for a minute, because I’ve taken Ray’s family pictures for year and it was hard to believe that he had grown so much and now had a girlfriend who needed headshots. That being said, we met up for a great session in Westhampton and got a few of the lovely couple as well.
5. Family Reunion. It was a joy and a privilege to be asked to come and take a whole bunch of family shots at a recent reunion. This family in particular was wonderful and we had a great time together getting both formal and candid shots of their special day.
6. More Headshots. Loved working with this girl and loved getting to capture some headshots for her. She’s a wonderful singer and actress and I’m so excited to see the great things that she will do.
7. Family Beach Session. I shot their family last summer and was called back again for their extended family as well. For the record my Long Island families… besides during mild tropical storms or hurricanes, this is the best month to get those family beach pictures that you’ll want to include on your Christmas cards. Just saying.
8. Jewelry… My friend Nikki called me and asked if I could photograph the jewelry that she sells so of course I said yes and we had a delightful time together. I love the versatility of my job and the variety of sessions that I get to shoot.
9. Family Session. And finally, met up with these sweet girls and their darling puppy for a family session right in their own backyard. Children tend to be comfortable and happy in their homes so it’s always a great location for family pictures.
And that about sums it up. It’s getting to be that time of year again, so I’ll be putting out Holiday Session specials soon. Thanks so much for checking in and checking out the fun photography sessions that I’ve been doing.