It there was one summer that just flew by, I’d have to say that it’s this one. Summers for my photography business tend to be a bit slower, but this summer was the exception. Beginning in June, I had the privilege of meeting up with so many incredible friends and clients and this post is dedicated to some of their beautiful sessions.
- Engagements. I had two of them and both couples were just so fun and incredible.
The beginning of something new is always this time of excitement and getting to photograph these moments is something that I’ve always enjoyed.
I was actually in on the proposal for this sweet couple and it could not have gone any better. While I nonchalantly hung out on a bench nearby, I was got to capture the moment that this sweet guy dropped to one knee to propose to his beautiful fiancé.
He was so thoughtful and she could not have been more surprised at how carefully he planned everything out.
I’m so excited to see the great things in store for these two and loved being there to capture everything from the beginning.
2. Prom Pictures Every year, I usually get a call from some of our Youth Group students asking if I would be willing to take prom pictures for them.
I always say yes when I can because it’s a very special time of life for them and it makes me happy to be able to capture these fun memories.
3. Little Ones I love them. Sure, they have a mind of their own and getting them to smile can be a tricky game. But it’s one that I don’t mind playing.
This sweet little client is one whose family I’ve worked with for quite a few years. We decided to meet up at her home because that is where she was most comfortable. Getting children comfortable and in their own element is half of the battle. She wasn’t so sure at first, but then we hung out for a good hour and by the end were good friends. I was happy to capture her sweet expressions as they came and we ended up having a fine time together.
4. Beach Sessions I have to admit that beach sessions can be really tricky. Between the wind, the waves, the sun and the sand, there are lots of elements to take into consideration. That being said, they do produce some of the most incredible backgrounds around.
This sweet little guy was not so much a fan of the ocean, but he was a fan of his family and they in return. We got our best shots up by the deck and just as the sun was finally setting.
5. Family is Forever I met Lori at the Powerhouse Gym and over the years got to know her well as we worked out together. First let me say, she is probably the strongest and most hardworking woman I’ve ever seen. She pushes through burpees with ease and to this day she is my gym class hero. She also happens to be an amazing teacher with an incredible husband and two amazing kids
I was delighted when she called me to do a huge family picture as a gift to her parents. I was less delighted when the day of our session turned out to be what felt like a million degrees. But we worked hard and in the end got a picture and some memories in time that I know her family will cherish as the years go by.
6. Before He Leaves We have known and loved all of the kids in this family and their parents as well. They’ve all been involved in either our children’s or youth ministry on some level and so when Debbie called and asked if I could get a family session in before their oldest left for college, I couldn’t have been more happy.
I’m so nostalgic these days, but I’ll say it again. Time flies by so quickly. Taking time to do a session gives me the chance to capture a few moments of it that will last for years and years to come. It’s something I love and something that I’m so grateful to do.
7. Sweet Sixteens And finally, these girls celebrated their Sweet Sixteenth birthday party and I got to come and take pictures to commemorate the day. They were just such sweet girls and everything went so well.
Funny, this was my favorite shot of the day, because of course you’ve got to get the family pet in on the celebration.
It’s been a great summer and I could not be more thankful for the incredible families that I got to work with. It’s not over yet, and I have a few more sessions to photograph and edit. A huge thanks to all of the wonderful clients that I was able to work with. Thank you for taking time to invest in your special moments and celebrations.