Grandpa and Grandma came to visit us this week. So we crammed all sorts of fun into the four days that we they were here. To be honest, when family comes to visit I tend to take a break from normal life to focus on making the most of our time together. What follows are a few highlights from their time here.
1. A good visit always starts with a good sign to commemorate the occasion. Ellee helped me make this one and it was a fun way to welcome Grandpa and Grandma.
2. The kids could hardly wait for Grandma’s cute little green Kia to pull in the driveway. When it did, it was so fun seeing the kids run out to greet their grandparents and equally fun seeing Grandpa and Grandma greet the grandkids.
3. A highlight of time spent with the Grandparents is always Grandpa making his famous popcorn. It’s salty and buttery and definitely not healthy, but definitely delicious and we all enjoy a bowl.
4. Grandpa and Grandma joined us on Wednesday when we took a group of our graduating Seniors to Dave and Busters. Grandma even joined in on the fun playing a few games as she walked around with Ellee and Christian.
5. While it’s fun to go and do things, it’s also nice to just cuddle on the couch and spend time together. I’m so glad that even through their times with their grandparents are few and far between, they always seem to just catch up wherever they left off whenever we are together.
6. And then there was that time that Grandma beat Christian fair and square at Stratego.
He won’t want to remember, but I know she will. Great job Grandma!
7. My Mom has been faithfully praying for Michael since the very first day of his accident. She always shares the updates and so it was really special when we drove up to Kings Park on Thursday so that she could see him and how well he is doing. We had a great visit with Sally and it was a very special time.
8. Afterwards, we stopped by Robinson’s Tea Room for lunch and scones. It’s a favorite tradition of ours and we had a great time together.
9. We also found time to get pedicures. We were all happy with the colors that we picked and the kind people at Angel Tips did a great job.
10. Today was our last day together for this trip. We decided on a Beach day so Jeremy, Grandpa and Christian took the boat while Ellee, Grandma and I drove out to Cupsogue.
It was fun to bring my parents to see our beautiful ocean.
It was a pretty awesome day and we all had a great time soaking up the sun.
Our four days together flew by so fast! But overall, we had a wonderful time with my parents and we are so thankful that they were able to come out to New York to see us. We will be praying for them as they head back to Michigan tomorrow and will look forward to seeing them soon!