So, this may sound like an excuse.. But I feel like I’m too tried to write a long blog tonight. Writing from my iPad, it has been taking nearly forever to upload pictures, so I’m also keeping it simple and just posting one. I will share a few highlights from the day, but tonight they will be in words, not pictures. Tomorrow, I’ll do better.
That being said, highlights from Monday would include:
1. Early morning organization. Since the church where we are staying uses every bit of space for Kids Games, every morning we have to pack up our stuff in our suitcases to store away so it’s not in the way. And where as it might seem a bit inconvienent, it’s actually been a great way to have to be organized. Parents, you would be proud.
2. Kids Games Registration. Today, was registration day. So we met a lot of amazing kids that will all be coming to Kids Games, starting tomorrow. We also had a shorter program, but it was awesome and we sang my favorite superhero song. Our team all did a great job and I cannot wait to see the great things that this week has in store.
3. Manual Labor. I love it. We started our work project this afternoon and I could not have been happier. We did a lot of digging and hauling and pick axing and shoveling. It was an awesome core workout and I’m imagining that we will all be sore, but stronger tomorrow morning. Yay.
4. Bathrooms. Parents, your kids now know how to clean them and have been doing it to help out at the church. So don’t let them make any excuses to not help out when they get home.
5. Best night ever. Tonight, for dinner, we walked over to Pastor Alonzo and Silvia’s home. We relaxed, ate amazing food and had an incredible evening. I have pictures that I will share soon. It was so beautiful and we were so thankful for their hospitality.
6. Tired, but happy. It’s what I am tonight. Our team has been amazing, everyone is learning and growing and working hard. Prayers are greatly appreciated for the start of Kids Games tomorrow. Thanks everyone and have a good night!