So, it’s Wednesday, and I thought I’d share Ten Reasons Why You Should Send Your Child to Hangtime, our after school program that meets every Wednesday, from 3:30pm-5:30pm at Eastport Bible Church.
10. As a parent, I think this would be my number one reason: The Homework Help. Every afternoon, when the kids arrive at Hangtime, they have a quick snack and then head upstairs to the Homework Room. We have some pretty amazing leaders that are always there to help out. And it’s glorious. I’ve never heard kids complain about doing their homework at Hangtime. I’ve seen so many heartwarming things during this time too. Leaders helping kids. Kids helping each other. And at times, kids helping the leaders. Because many of them are very good at what they do. And having just one day a week where our kids can get homework help really helps out.
2. They get a chance to run around. And play. And do things that kids should be doing more of these days.
3. Ms. Gina. Every week, she cooks with them. She brings her pots and pans and she shares her amazing gifts and talents. And they absolutely love it.
4. Snowman Rice Krispie treats. It’s our cooking project of the month. Again, they are huge fans.
5. They learn great things. Like how trains work. And they love it.
6. They work hard. At learning new things. Sometimes, they want to give up, but we encourage them to stick with it and at the end of the day, when they’ve finally learned how to cast those knitting knots, the smiles are the best rewards.
7. Opportunities. When I walk around at Workshop time, I always love seeing different kids try different things. I love that our Workshops give them the chance to do things that they might not normally have the chance to try.
8. Because Victoria is there. She’s one of our high school helpers. And we love seeing her each week and she loves being with the kids. It’s a great opportunity for her to serve and it’s great for the Hangtime kids to see someone in high school helping them out.
9. Impact. We work each week to have a positive one on the kids that we work with. We have Bible lessons each week and the kids learn great things about life and how God loves them. And it makes a positive impact. Something that we all need a little more of.
10. And finally? You should send your kids to Hangtime, because it’s a great thing for them. It’s a wonderful program with wonderful people and they love it. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to message me at any time, either through Facebook or my email: email@example.com