So, if I were to share the random thoughts that were running through my mind tonight, they would probably include the following, set to pictures because they make a nice visual.
1. ipsy. So, I don’t wear a lot of makeup. Most days, I can pretty much get by with a little eyeliner and some chapstick. It’s not that I don’t think I don’t need makeup, it’s more so that I don’t know much about makeup and my husband thinks I’m beautiful just the way I am. That being said, it’s pretty random then, that I’ve signed up to get ipsy, which is a monthly subscription to this makeup and beauty company. Each month, they send you a cute bag filled with about 5 different beauty or makeup products. And I have to admit, I love it. Because I love getting fun things in the mail and I love cute little bags. I actually end up giving a lot of the makeup away. Because my husband is a youth pastor and there is never a shortage of youth group girls that love fun makeup products. It’s only $10 a month, so if you’re interested in fun mail and beauty products, you should totally check it out.
(referral links are shared in this post :).
2. Christmas Present Regrets. My suspicions came true. She played with it for about two hours on Christmas day and hasn’t touched it since. Sigh. Thankfully we don’t have any crawling babies or dogs that might eat all of the tiny accessories, so it’s not really hurting anything except maybe the simple decor of our living room.
3. Hobbit Bible. Jeremy got a new Bible. And he loves it. And my first reaction was that it looked like a Hobbit Bible, from Lord of the Rings. I’m pretty sure there is no such thing, but if there was, I’m guessing it would look just like one. Besides that, he’s using his new Bible tonight, to prepare for his sermon that he is preaching tomorrow mooring. If you are free from say, 9:30am-10:45am, you should totally come to Eastport Bible Church to hear him preach. Because he’s pretty good at it and we would love to have you join us.
4. Hyatt. So, Rite Aid does this thing at the beginning of the year, where they offer you all sorts of fun prizes for buying lots of their goods. And every year, I’m totally in. This year, the deal was that if you spent $250 on select merchandise (aka the majority of the items in the store) then you could get a voucher for a 2 night stay at participating Hyatt Hotels around the country. The fine print said that you pick three locations, then they pick for you, but since our family would love to visit Boston, Philadelphia or Washington, it wasn’t a huge deal for us. So, I put on my couponing hat and went to work. I had about three weeks to get everything together, but in the end, spent only about $100, got my $250 worth of products and am proud to say that I’ve about earned my 2 night stay prize. I used lots of coupons and store rewards to cover most of the costs. And I’m proud to say that within the past few weeks, I’ve also stocked up on this year’s supply of children’s vitamins, dishwasher tabs and Motrin. Most of the stuff that I purchased will get used by our family and anything left will get handed out to friends who put up with my silly couponing.
5. Special K. Ellee and I both love the Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal. But I didn’t realize that she only likes it for the chocolatey delight pieces, all of which she ate out of her bowl this morning. She left the rest but promised that she would eat it later.
6. And finally, basketball. It’s what we do on Saturdays. Christian’s team played hard today, but ended up losing their first game. He again, played with heart and so it was a fun game to watch.
And that would conclude my pictured random thoughts. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend, and thanks for stopping by!