So, we are back from our vacation and normal life is calling, and it already seems like our week in Arizona was a happy, but distant dream. So I thought I’d share a quick post of highlights and observations, because I know some day I’ll be glad that I did. Here goes:
1. Traveling with big kids is kind of awesome. They can carry their own stuff, they like the adventure of it and I’m happy to share that both of our kids were amazing.
2. When we got to Arizona, we were greeted by this happy crowd. We timed our trip and also got to spend time with Jeremy’s parents who were visiting from Seattle.
3. Our first night in, we got to see enjoy some college basketball. Grand Canyon University was playing Harvard so it was extra fun seeing a familiar East Coast team.
4. It was Jae’s first game so her smart parents brought earplugs.
5. The kids table. I remember my years of sitting at it, and now it’s fun to see our kids rocking it. They had an absolute blast with their cousins, which is kind of amazing since they don’t see them that much. They just picked up where they had left up and were the best of friends.
6. Uncle Matt’s an artist. He drew Ellee a 20 Buck. Because she loves a good 20 buck and is always excited when she has one to spend.
7. New Year’s Day football. These cool kids had a blast playing it.
8. We went to the horse races while we were in Arizona. It was my first time and I have to admit I had the song, “Camptown Races” stuck in my head for the majority of the time we were there.
9. It was cold in Arizona for most of our visit. One particularly cold night, Nana was gracious enough to take the girls swimming. It was a super fun memory, especially for Ellee who loves to swim.
10. We tried to visit Sedona, but got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, so we pulled off to a pie stand and hung out there instead. It was cute and the pie was amazing and everything turned out to be just fine.
11. Also, Heather snagged a family picture for me while we were there. So photo credit to her and I’m so happy we have a fun picture of the four of us.
12. This sweet girl. Jae Ella Pepper Lu captured our hearts and we could not get enough of her sweet baby cuddles and coos.
13. Christmas lasted forever this year. It was fun exchanging gifts with our Seattle and Arizona families.
14. We did get one nice warm day, so off to the pool we went. These kids were super excited.
15. Especially this one.
16. It wouldn’t be a Herr/Lu family get together without a little Cheesecake Factory. We stopped by for Happy Hour and snagged $5 appetizers which were amazing.
17. On our last night, we got this picture for Nana and Papa. Five of their seven grandkids who are all over the country wasn’t bad.
18. And finally. This little family. So amazing and we love them so much.
There were more memories, but these were some great ones that had fun pictures to go with them. It was a great vacation, but is good to be home. Thanks for stopping by!