Now that you’re ten, and practically a man, I figure there’s a few things that I wanted to share with you.
1. First off, this is you as a baby. You were an awesome baby. Just so you know.
2. Books are good for you. Not so much for eating, but more so for knowledge and for learning about life and things.
3. Life is confusing sometimes. And hard. And difficult to figure out. But don’t let that get to you. Because you are amazing. And you will learn how to figure it out. And you will learn how to do hard things. And in the end, it will all be okay. And in most cases, it will all be amazing.
4. Dream big. You told me recently that you and your friend Marc were going to to be pastors someday and work together and I thought that would be a pretty amazing thing. In all reality though, I don’t care so much what you do in life, I care more that you love Jesus and that you try to figure out what He has for you.
5. Family is forever.
6. Be yourself. Even if others don’t get it. It doesn’t matter what they think, it matters that you are true to the incredible person that God has created you to be.
7. Have fun. Throw snowballs. Just not in anyone’s eye.
8. Keep working on your attitude. Have a good one. Life is 10% of what you make it and 90% of how you take it. I saw that on a poster when I was in elementary school and in the 30 some years that I’ve lived, it’s turned out to be true.
9. Stay classy and always love your sister. No matter what.
10. Be a good friend and have good friends. You will influence them, and they will influence you.
Christian, Happy, Happy Birthday to you! You are ten years old today and we love you so much. We are proud of you and we are so thankful that God gave you to us. Enjoy your new Seahawks stuff, compliments of your Aunt Leslie and Aunt Sarah and enjoy your new computer too. Remember, it’s for great things, like the new class newspaper that you’re working to create and the ever, awesome Kahn academy. Happy Birthday and we love you!